Snort mailing list archives

RE: Policy-Based monitoring

From: "Kaplan, Andrew H." <AHKAPLAN () PARTNERS ORG>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:17:22 -0400

Hi Erik --

I did a check of the README.alert_order file but I am not sure as to how I can
change the rule application order
from it current setting of:
                                        activation->dynamic->alert->pass->log
to the one I prefer which is:
                                        activation->dynamic->pass->alert->log

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm using a policy-based.rules file shouldn't
the pass items be handled first, and
then if the packet does not match any of the pass items it should then fall
under the alert category?