Snort mailing list archives

ClamAV patch against 2.3.0RC2

From: Will Metcalf <william.metcalf () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:29:09 -0600

I have created a diff for the clamav preproc against 2.3.0RC2.  The
only new feature Victor Julien and I added was a dbreload-time as an
argument to clamav via snort.conf.  This way we don't have to sighup
snort if we update the clamav viri database.  We also made a small
change to configure.in to deal with the 0.80 api. You may have to run
autoreconf -f to get configure to pickup the changes made to
configure.in

From snort.conf......

# ClamAV virusscanning preprocessor
#
# This preprocessor will scan the data in the packets for virusses.
# See README.clamav for details and limitations.
#
# Available options (comma delimited):
#
#   ports: a space delimited list of ports that will be scanned.
#     all: all ports
#     n  : single port to be scanned
#     !n : not scan port n (to be used with 'all'
#
#   toclientonly: scan only the traffic to the client (tcp only)
#   toserveronly: scan only the traffic to the server (tcp only)
#
#   action-drop : drop the infected packet (snort_inline only)
#   action-reset: reset the connection (snort_inline only)
#
#   dbdir: path to the clamav definitions directory.
#
#   dbreload-time: Amount of time in seconds to wait before checking
the db for new virus sigs
#
# Example:
# preprocessor clamav: ports all !22 !443, toclientonly, dbdir
/usr/share/clamav, dbreload-time 43200
#

Download:

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1093478&group_id=78497&atid=553469