Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort2.3 installation problems.

From: "Ron Jenkins" <rjenkins () dibr net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:05:44 -0600

Good idea.

We only compile from source.

-----Original Message-----
From: snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net
[mailto:snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net] On Behalf Of alunix
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 1:03 PM
To: Snort-users () lists sourceforge net
Subject: Re: [Snort-users] Snort2.3 installation problems.

May be just get and install Snort from source?

-------------------
Happy New Year!
I've got a dual Opteron box running Fedora Core 2 64. I'm trying to
install Snort 2.3 rpm, but I get dependency problems. Specifically, it
keeps asking for libpcap.so.0.8.3 and libpcre.so.0. I've installed
libpcap.0.8.3 from a tarball, and pcre 5 from a tarball, but I'm still
getting the same dependency message.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

George A. Laiacona III