Snort mailing list archives

Re: New Sensor: FreeBSD 4.10 or 5.3?

From: David Powers <david () grayskies net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:17:10 -0500

I've run both with snort and haven't had any real issues with the 5.x series since about 5.2.x. Given that I would go with 5.3 since after 4.11 the 4.x series will be retired.

-David Powers

sp0ng3b0b wrote:

Question for FreeBSD users. I'm setting up a couple of new sensors. I'm debating whether to go with 5.3 or stick with 4.10. I've had some problems with some nics and 5.3, but I've got new nics that work fine.

What version are you (FreeBSD users) running?