Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort: FATAL ERROR: Unable to allocate memory!

From: "Senthil Prabu.S" <prabu333 () hotpop com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 15:17:40 +0530

I encounter this on my two openbsd 3.5 machine..It stop suddenly after running awhile...i use snort 2.1.3..
Is there anybody have the same problem?

-----------
snort: FATAL ERROR: Unable to allocate memory!

What search algorithm are you usig in your configuration file.
Check your snort configuration file for the followoing line,

config detection: search-method ac
This may use a vast memory.So it it better to use the "lowmem"
selection method.

NOTE:
   This may also be one of the reason for your memory problem.

HTH,
--
Senthil Prabu.S