Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.3.0 RC2 released

From: Jeremy Hewlett <jh () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 11:25:49 -0500

On Thu, Dec 16, sekure wrote:
digging I realized that before 2.3RC2 snort never logged the
initialization of thresholding and suppression module into syslog when
being daemonized.  Now it does, only it takes up lots of room in
syslog.  i guess I can live with that, it's just not very pretty.

Yah, this isn't pretty, and it's something that will be ironed out
before the 2.3.0 final release.

And still, snort's process id doesn't show up on each line that it
logs to syslog.

This is in the queue to be reviewed and won't be in the final release.