Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fw: snort not reporting

From: "Ben van der Merwe" <benm () pasco co za>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 13:12:12 +0200

Allan, sorry you are right. '-A' is for alerts and '-b' for binary logging.
The log file is deleted because it is empty. This is is also the probable cause for the lack of alerts.

Try to monitor the traffic generated by ppp0 (double check the connection and the name of the interface with 'ifconfig') Try using a tool like etherape or ethereal to verify that there is traffic on the network interface specified.

Please let me know the results. I am curious, not having solved a similar problem myself.

ben
----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Jensen" <tubajensen () yahoo com>