Snort mailing list archives

Testing snort

From: Marcelo Zúñiga Torres <tanelorn44 () yahoo es>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 05:42:19 +0100 (CET)

Hi everybody,
                       I would like to make some quick test over my Snort implementation.  I have Snort with MySQL,
ACID with 2 sensors over our network.  My idea is to make 2 tests:  internal & external, with a port-scanning over the
servers and some anomalous traffic over the net.

What tool would you recommend me to use?  nmap is just the best?

(I think I'll spend one or two days on that, but, the first thing i thought of was a .. very cold drink, the summer is
coming very soon down here in the south)

best regards

Marcelo Zuniga
Departamento de Electronica
UTFSM, CHILE