Snort mailing list archives

about snort.conf and setting some vars

From: Marcelo Zúñiga Torres <tanelorn44 () yahoo es>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 19:14:23 +0100 (CET)

Hi everybody, my question is how can I set some
variables  if I don't have an SQL, telnet or SNMP
server.   I don't want snort checking on servers that
doesn't have those service availables...

var SQL_SERVERS $HOME_NET
# List of telnet servers on your network
var TELNET_SERVERS $HOME_NET
# List of snmp servers on your network
var SNMP_SERVERS $HOME_NET

is there a "none" option?  If I comment those lines,
snort can't work.
Is it worth it to stop Snort checking on those
services?

Marcelo Zuniga Torres
Departamento de Electronica
UTFSM, CHILE