Snort mailing list archives

Installing snort-2.3.0RC1

From: "Senthil Prabu.S" <prabu333 () hotpop com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:20:11 +0530

Hello Jeremy and Jeff,
                I have been playing with snort for a while on HPUX machines.Now I want
to try the snort-2.3.0RC1,to test the inline functionalities.Since I have access only to the
HP-UX machines,Can you please clear me the following things,

1.) Is the Inline functionality of Snort-2.3.x supported for all unix machines.Will it run on
     HPUX and other machines apart from Linux

2.) Since IPTables are not supported in HP-UX machines,I am planning to build IPfilter
     and PFIL.Now,will snort can use the libraries of IPfilter instead of IPTables.Will snort
     can use IPFilter instead of IPTables.Or,can you can specify any such firewall on HP-UX
     which can help me to build Snort with inline.

2.) Is there any such request arised, bez IPtables are restricted to linux machines.
     Have u planned for any alternatives for HPUX like users.

3.) If not,can we expect any patches or sourcecode changes (to run them on HPUX) in the
     upcoming stable version of snort.Is there is any such plan?.

With Advance Thanks,
Senthil Prabu.S