Snort mailing list archives

Error in ACID console

From: David Perez <daviperez () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 08:49:52 -0400

Hi....

I installed in my computer (pentium III 933, 256 MB, 40 Gb DD) snort
2.2.0-1(snort,snort-mysql), mysql 4.1.7-0
(mysql-server,mysql-client,mysql-share-compat), httpd 2.0.52-1, php
4.3.4-11 (php, php-mysql), ACID 0.9.6b23, jpgraph-1.17beta2,adodb390
over Fedora Core 2. When i type http://localhost/acid/acid_main.php on
my browser there is an error:

Error (p)connecting to DB : snort@localhost

Check the DB connection variables in acid_conf.php

               = $alert_dbname   : MySQL database name where the
alerts are stored
               = $alert_host     : host where the database is stored
               = $alert_port     : port where the database is stored
               = $alert_user     : username into the database
               = $alert_password : password for the username

Database ERROR:Client does not support authentication protocol
requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I modified the acid_conf.conf but it does not seem to work, can anyone
please help me

Thanks

Dave