Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard, Mudpit, and the Unified Output Format

From: Andreas Östling <andreaso () it su se>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:59:28 +0200 (CEST)

Maybe it's getting a bit off-topic, but I thought I'd mention that
I think having tagged packets in the db can be useful even if each one
creates a new event, although it would would be nicer if it was done in a
better way. I doubt it would ever be useful in ACID, but I created a
simple patch for Sguil so you can query an alert for related tagged
packets (qualified guess), or packets belonging to the same session as
the alert, and then create some output from it. Sample screenshot is at
http://people.su.se/~andreaso/sguiltmp/

/Andreas