Snort mailing list archives

RE: Compiling Snort OSF1 error

From: "Hari Gopal" <krishnha () india hp com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:43:41 +0530

Hi ,

These 40g machines are old machines (from digital)  which doesn’t come with
this bitypes.h
 file. This particular file contains typedefs of basic data types.

Solution cld be add a file named bitypes.h in the snort/src directory
With the following content and change the
#include <sys/bitypes.h>
#include "bitypes.h"

Many occurences I guess, you need to change all and point bitypes.h to the
proper path.

This shld solve your problem..If you stil face a problem , let me know.

--
Hari Gopal

/* start from here */
#ifndef __BIT_TYPES_DEFINED__
#define __BIT_TYPES_DEFINED__

        /*
         * Basic integral types.  Omit the typedef if
         * not possible for a machine/compiler combination.
         */
        typedef signed char                           int8m_t;
        typedef unsigned char            u_int8_t,  u_int8m_t;
        typedef signed short                         int16m_t;
        typedef unsigned short          u_int16_t, u_int16m_t;
        typedef signed int                           int32m_t;
        typedef unsigned int            u_int32_t, u_int32m_t;

#ifdef __arch64__

typedef signed long                          int64m_t;
        typedef unsigned long           u_int64_t, u_int64m_t;
#endif

#ifndef _INTTYPES_H
        typedef signed char               int8_t;
        typedef signed short              int16_t;
        typedef signed int                int32_t;
        typedef unsigned char             uint8_t;
        typedef unsigned short            uint16_t;
        typedef unsigned int              uint32_t;
#if defined(__arch64__) && !defined(OPENVMS_32BIT)
        typedef signed long               int64_t;
        typedef unsigned long             uint64_t;
#endif
#endif

#endif  /* __BIT_TYPES_DEFINED__ */

/* till this point */