Snort mailing list archives

RE: Help, tons of false positive ASN1 overflow attempts.

From: "M Shirk" <shirkdog_linux () hotmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 07:38:26 -0400

I know there are several things.

1. You can just turn off the rule. If you know its a false positive and does not affect your environment.

2. You can make a separate rule to pass on the source and destination of this particular rule.

3. *My Fav* make a ruletype to log it as false positives.

(I think there are other ways :-)

However,
I just saw this last night in Snort 2.2. It is the threshold.conf file

It appears that you can filter out rules by sid or other information. Check your source code for this file and read it. Most of the information I can not remember is in the file.

Shirkdog