Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort Install on Debain

From: "M Shirk" <shirkdog_linux () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:15:54 -0400

http://www.snort.org/docs/snort_acid_rh9.pdf

This is the best step by step install instructions. It does reference Red Hat 9, but you can use any linux distro with these instructions and not have a problem (My sensor is running on Slackware).

Note that the versions of the software in the reference are outdate, so just get the latest version.

Shirkdog