Snort mailing list archives

Pinging all IP's

From: "Don Merrifield" <merrifield () mchsi com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:52:21 -0500

Hello Everyone, I don't post many questions, but I read most of the
postings. I have a issue I believe to be a problem. I am installing Snort
(and several of the extras) on a RH 9 box, 550Mhz AMD, 192 MB ram, 10 gig
hard drive and 3 Nic's. IP addresses assigned to all Nic's. 192.168.1.150
-151 -152. 255.255.255.0 . The issue I am seeing is with only one Nic
plugged into the network I can still ping all the IP addresses. To me this
doesn't seem correct. I'm not an expert by any means, but this doesn't seem
right. Is there a config file I need to edit? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Don Merrifield

Merrifield Consulting