Snort mailing list archives

Snort Help on Silicon Defense Netra 1X

From: "Rich Lichvar" <rlichvar () knowledgeresourcecenter com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:31:25 -0400

If there is anyone out there familiar with the old Silicon Defense SN1
Netra 1X-based Snort IDS boxes, I could use your help. I'd like to know
to what level/how these units were hardened. Our units are also woefully
behind in in Snort updates so, not being a Sun or *nix person, I need
some idea of how to get these updated. I know there is at least one of
you out there who used to work for Silicon Defense and who gets this
list and contributes to it on a regular basis. If you would oblige me
with contact information, I would be very greatful.

Also, although I know this is off topic, if any of you could give me
some ideas as to where to look to be able to use these units as
firewalls, I'd be very greatful for the referral.

Rich Lichvar
Director, Operations
Knowledge Resource Center, Inc.
6901 Rockledge Drive