Snort mailing list archives

RE: starting snort

From: Juan Fernandez <Juan.Fernandez () deltathree com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:54:42 +0300

Okey, sorry I didn't wrote enough info ( I also have read the docs):

This sensor will be in the dmz subnet when the port from the dmz switch that
goes to the firewall will be mirrored to the port that the sensor nic ( in
promisc mode ) will be in.

The second nic will be in the internal lan switch so I can manage it and
send alerts to the management server.
Is it enough info ?

Thanks