Snort mailing list archives

Re: Suppressing gen_id 116

From: Brian <bmc () snort org>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:09:41 -0400

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 10:33:48AM -0700, snort user wrote:
I running snort 2.1.3 and I am trying to suppress the
following snort_decoder alerts using the thresholding
functionality:

(snort_decoder) WARNING: Bad Token Ring MR Header!
(snort_decoder) WARNING: Bad Token Ring ETHLLC Header!
(snort_decoder) WARNING: Bad Token Ring MRLENHeader!

My threshold.conf file look like this:

suppress gen_id 116, sig_id 141
suppress gen_id 116, sig_id 142
suppress gen_id 116, sig_id 143

Suppression doesn't work on alerts on packets without valid IP
headers.  I logged this as a bug a while ago and submitted a patch
that fixes it for me.  We'll see when a fix for the bug is accepted.

-brian