Snort mailing list archives

suppress isn't suppressing (completely)

From: rreiner () fscinternet com (Richard Reiner)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:55:21 -0400

We have the following in threshold.conf:

# Suppress detection of ICMP Echo Request events ("ICMP PING" rule)
suppress gen_id 1, sig_id 384

Nevertheless, "ICMP PING" events continue to be logged, although at
reduced frequency.  It appears that the suppress rule supporesses some,
but not all.

We're logigng to mysql, in case that matters.

And the same thing happens with several other suppress rules on the
same system.

Any thoughts?