Snort mailing list archives

Re: Normal amount of pinging?

From: James Marks <jamarks () easystreet com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 08:02:20 -0700

Ahh. So 50 "ICMP PING NMAP" events on my firewall means this is just the beginning for my tiny but growing number of unannounced visitors... :)

Thanks!

On Jul 20, 2004, at 6:42 AM, Miner, Jonathan W (CSC) (US SSA) wrote:

Normal? :)

Just for comparison... in the last 24 hours, I've picked up 8600 "ICMP PING NMAP" events out of 57000 total Snort events, using the default rule set.