Snort mailing list archives

Re: Error in stock 2.2rc1 snort.conf file

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 22:51:29 -0400

Hi Bill,

Are you using the flow-portscan module? The error message you're seeing comes from the flowps-snort.c file...

     -Marty

On Aug 3, 2004, at 5:51 PM, Bill Warren wrote:

I was running 2.0.0 that I had upgraded to 2.2 rc1 and Debian Woody and could not get 2.2 rc1 to work. So, I removed the /etc/snort dir and reinstalled 2.2 rc1.
I ran
   ./configure
   make
   make install

Then copied the etc dir to /etc/snort/etc and the rules dir to /etc/snort/rules.
I am testing using it with
/usr/local/bin/snort -c /etc/snort/etc/snort.conf -T
and I get
/etc/snort/etc/snort.conf(506) Unable to create an IPSet from [HOME_NET]

At line 506 is
include classification.config

The files classification.config is in the /etc/snort and the /etc/snort/etc dir's. So, what am I missing?

--

Bill Warren

--
Sourcefire: Intelligent Security Monitoring
roesch () sourcefire com - http://www.sourcefire.com