Snort mailing list archives

Re: I don't get any alerts when reading from file.

From: sekure <sekure () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:22:48 -0400

A lot of the snort signatures require an established connection (TCP
handshake).  Look for "flow:established" in the rule. If your pcap
file only contains the packets with the signatures and not the entire
session, snort will not trigger on them.

That's just my guess...

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:55:29 +0300 (EEST), dimopoulos () mhl tuc gr