Snort mailing list archives

RE: [Snort-sigs] sigs with asn1 fails

From: "Joshua Berry" <jberry () PENSON COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:06:27 -0500

This was my point.  That I haven't seen the asn1 keyword at all when
using www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-snapshot-2_1.tar.gz (which is
how it is supposed to be but some people are complaining that they are
and that it is hosing their Snort 2.1.3).

What I was saying is that it was highly unlikely given that I
auto-update every 12 hours and haven't seen the problem.  The only thing
that I could think of that could be happening is they are pointed to
www.snort.org/dl/rules/snortrules-snapshot-CURRENT.tar.gz and not
snapshot-2_1.tar.gz.