Snort mailing list archives

Re: More Snort Stuff

From: "Keith W. McCammon" <mccammon () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 09:27:22 -0400

Running multiple instances is probably your best bet (partly because I
think it's your only choice).  And even if it wasn't your only
choice...

Remember that each interface is assumed to be watching either 1) a
unique network or 2) the same network as another interface, but
performing in a different capacity.  Starting multiple instances from
one config would be pretty complicated, considering that most of your
variables will vary (heh) and that your rules will likely be slightly
different (or entirely different, in some cases).