Snort mailing list archives

Re: Can't set up ACID - get a blank page

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 01:02:00 -0500

--On Friday, July 23, 2004 11:28 PM -0600 Sean Brown <sblinux () shaw ca> wrote:

Well to reply to my own message, it seems that the default options php4
is  built with in the FreeBSD ports is insufficient to run ACID. It
doesn't  include GD, session support or pcre.

I uninstalled the mod_php4 package, edited lang/php4/Makefile  and added
to  the CONFIGURE_ARGS --with-pcre --enable-bcmath --enable session
--with-gd  --with-mysql -with-zlib-dir=/usr --enable-sockets then build
from  www/mod_php4

I had to add the -with-zlib-dir=/usr because when I added --with-gd it
died  not finding libz and I added --with-mysql just for the hell of it.
pcre is  needed for running queries.

The new mod_php4 package seems to work just fine now. Maybe I should ask
the  port maintainer to add these as options.

You should have gotten a screen where all these options were available to you, rather than having to edit the Makefile. Did you try make options?

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member