Snort mailing list archives

ICMP DB Issues

From: "Joshua Berry" <jberry () PENSON COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 13:04:09 -0500

I have had an issue for some time where I will get alerts such as "DDOS
- TFN client command LE" which revolves around the ICMP ID, ICMP
Sequence, and Type.  However, the ICMP ID and Sequence is NEVER entered
into the database, just the Type and Code.  Has anyone else noticed
this?

Josh Berry, CISSP & MCSE
Information Security
214-765-1296