Snort mailing list archives

Re: [sjconsulting () optonline net: (http_inspect) NON-RFC HTTP DELIMITER issue]

From: Daniel Roelker <droelker () sourcefire com>
Date: 14 Jul 2004 13:18:16 -0400

The NON-RFC HTTP DELIMITER alert doesn't really false positive that
much.  All the alert means is that the standard '\r\n' delimiter was
replaced with '\n'.  A lot of exploits use this shorthand version and
picks up various HTTP scanners even if you don't have rules for it.

In your case, I would just set the "iis_delimter" option to no.  This
will turn off the alert.  If you don't know what this means, then just
put 'no_alerts' at the end of your configuration, that's the easy way.

If you want more help, send your configuration to me offline and I'll
give you some suggestions.  I would still be interested in the pcap
though, just to verify that it's not a false positive.

Thanks,
Dan