Snort mailing list archives

Re: SPADE

From: Kevin Johnson <kjohnson () secureideas net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:33:57 -0400

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 09:50, Simon () Biles net wrote:
Dear All,

I've seen SPADE come up on the list every so often - and have used it with
some success myself.

I was wondering what the feeling would be about bringing the project back
to life ? Silicon Defence is no more, and active development on this
project has ceased, but it is a GNU GPL project, so one would assume that
it could be picked up without incuring the wrath of anyone.

If you could let me know what you think, and if you would be interested in
being involved if you think it is reasonable, I would be most grateful.

Best Wishes to All,

Si

Hi-

What you are describing is exactly what happened with ACID / BASE.  My
recommendation is to go for it if you feel that you can contribute
something worth while.  If you need any assistance, just let me know.

Kevin

BASE Project Lead
The next step in IDS analysis!