Snort mailing list archives

RE: problem when: ./configure --with-mysql Please t ake a look !!!

From: Juan Fernandez <Juan.Fernandez () deltathree com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 12:42:52 +0300

I downloaded: mysql-3.23.58-pc-linux-i686.tar.gz

This is what I did:

[root@snort_jr_dmz snortinstall]# cd mysql-3.23.58-pc-linux-i686
[root@snort_jr_dmz mysql-3.23.58-pc-linux-i686]# ./configure
NOTE: This is a MySQL binary distribution. It's ready to run, you don't
need to configure it!

To help you a bit, I am now going to create the needed MySQL databases
and start the MySQL server for you.  If you run into any trouble, please
consult the MySQL manual, that you can find in the Docs directory.

Sorry, the host 'snort_jr_dmz' could not be looked up.
Please configure the 'hostname' command to return a correct hostname.
If you want to solve this at a later stage, restart this script with
the --force option
[root@snort_jr_dmz mysql-3.23.58-pc-linux-i686]# hostname
snort_jr_dmz
[root@snort_jr_dmz mysql-3.23.58-pc-linux-i686]# ./configure --force
NOTE: This is a MySQL binary distribution. It's ready to run, you don't
need to configure it!

To help you a bit, I am now going to create the needed MySQL databases
and start the MySQL server for you.  If you run into any trouble, please
consult the MySQL manual, that you can find in the Docs directory.

Sorry, the host 'snort_jr_dmz' could not be looked up.
Please configure the 'hostname' command to return a correct hostname.
If you want to solve this at a later stage, restart this script with
the --force option

and what is wrong about the hostname ?

any ideas ?

thanks,