Snort mailing list archives

snort and acid - Traffic Profile by Protocol doesnt update correctly

From: "John Oost" <johnoost () hotmail com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 07:31:27 +0000

Hi All,

I just installed snort and acid for the first time and quickly read through the manuals. I installed snort and Acid on Redhat 9 using Patrick Harper's installation guide. Everything seems to work fine except for the "Traffic Profile by Protocol" display of acid. This display just doesnt seem to update every time. When I run snort -v and press ctrl-c after a while it tells me that 99% of the traffic was tcp. The display in Acid displays 79% udp and 3% tcp. Is this display supposed to show the traffic that snort has "sniffed" or the traffic that was identified as "bad" ? If it's the first, is this a known error?

Best regards,