Snort mailing list archives

trying to get Snort to log to MYSQL on another box

From: Larry Wichman <larrywichman () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:21:39 -0700 (PDT)

Here is what I put in snort.conf to tell it to log to another box:
output database:log,mysql,user=root password=xxxxxxxx* dbname=snort host=x.x.x.x

I start snort w/the following cmd: snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

I get an error saying access denied, password=yes
I  got a pcap from the authentication attempt and snort is trying to log in to the correct db as snort and WRSW\ZUS as
the password. This is not the password I specified in the snort.conf file. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Lawrence A. Wichman2719 W ThomasApt 2
Chicago
Il, 60622