Snort mailing list archives

snort cant start automacitally.

From: "th0ri4.wang" <th0ri4 () yahoo com cn>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:44:13 -0700 (PDT)

thank u,

i have show my /var/log/messenges last night,when
system is starting , init scripts show the following
lines:
Aug 23 18:15:32 andreas kernel: eth0: Promiscuous mode
enabled.
Aug 23 18:15:32 andreas kernel: device eth0 entered
promiscuous mode
Aug 23 18:15:33 andreas kernel: device eth0 left
promiscuous mode
Aug 23 18:22:48 andreas kernel: eth0: Promiscuous mode
enabled.
Aug 23 18:22:48 andreas kernel: device eth0 entered
promiscuous mode
this mean snort is flapping,entered promiscuous and
then left.

when i debug this script use the command
sh -x /etc/init.d/snort start
snort starts without any error! and my acid works well
also.with nmap scanning,alerts is logged.

why this happened?