Snort mailing list archives

Re: wireless patch

From: Steffen Pfendtner <steffen () wh-netz de>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 18:39:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Personally, I have added to Andrew's works a wifi-statetable process and 3 preprocessors using it:
  - a deauth flood detection preprocessor,
  - an authflood detection preprocessor,
  - a MAC spoofing detection preprocessor.
I have tested macspoof preprocessor with 3 wireless cards and one Access point. It works well.
But it really needs to be tested in a realist wireless network.
I was planing to finish another preprocessor which purpose was to decode WEP.
For I'm really busy at the moment I had to delay it and I should start working on it again around end of june.
By the time, if someone feel interesting in making some kind of testing and bug reports about works I have already
 finished it would be nice and helpful.

Any plans to get this working on an linsys wrt54g?

--
Steffen Pfendtner <steffen () wh-netz de>
GPG Key fingerprint = DF91 11BB 498F 573B 8002  6E0B 3AE3 FF88 EADD B3BC