Snort mailing list archives

RE: logging to a remote database with mudpit

From: "Lance Boon" <lboon () firststatebanksw com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 12:08:05 -0500

Try this

GRANT INSERT,SELECT ON snort.* TO snort@'%' IDENTIFIED BY "password";

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/GRANT.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Connection_access.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Adding_users.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Maetzky, Steffen (Extern) [mailto:Steffen.Maetzky () gedas de]
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2004 11:08 AM
To: Lance Boon
Subject: AW: [Snort-users] logging to a remote database with mudpit

1. Lets say that the remote-host = sensor1, other host = sensor2 and I want
both logging to sensor1.

Trying to connect from sensor1 to sensor1 (local)       => works
Trying to connect from sensor2 to sensor1               => failed

Shutting down my firewall on sensor1 and retrying       => still the same

2. Working on sensor1: I have given the grants for sensor2 in that way:

mysql -p
use snort;
grant INSERT,SELECT on snort.* to snort; <= thinking that this give the
grants to snort at other hosts
flush privileges;