Snort mailing list archives

RE: [Snort-devel] max_queue_events

From: "Marc Norton" <marc.norton () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 09:34:51 -0400

max_queue_event determines how many alerts/events to queue per packet.
When packet processing is done, one or more of these is saved.  Snort
versions prior to 2.1.3 use this parameter and can log only one event
per packet.  Starting with version 2.1.3 the queue size and the number
of events per packet to log can be adjusted.   This has nothing to do
with dropping traffic, at least not directly.