Snort mailing list archives

Snort-Hardware integration

From: ac107029 () inf pucrs br
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 15:10:06

Hello,

We are from a research group from PUCRS (A university from Brazil), and we´re doing some research in how to increase
snort performance via hardware (by running some part of its code in hardware). Basically, what our hardware do is the
rule comparison (pattern matcher) of snort. We're having some difficulty to find a cut point in snort, i. e., the
primary functions in snort that do the same as my hardware. Can you help us find the functions that do the pattern
match in snort?

Thank you,

PUCRS Snort project.