Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort start up on Multiple interface

From: Edin Dizdarevic <Edin.Dizdarevic () interActive-Systems de>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 08:41:12 +0200

Matt Kettler wrote:
At 04:40 PM 4/28/2004, Edin Dizdarevic wrote:

Clearly chrooting under selinux is a bit redundant, but it doesn't
hurt useful functionality, and protects you from mistakes so it does
add some security.

Sure, either you find someone who will pay this work or you do it in
your spare time. Security is good but I always have to try to keep the
benefit-cost factor on my mind or you end up with the copper foil in
your hand ;) . (Don't forget to ground it properly...)

Best regards,
Edin

--
Edin Dizdarevic