Snort mailing list archives

HELP: Error MSSQL and ACID

From: "Kromodimedjo, John" <kromodimedjoj () unaids org>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 14:31:57 +0200

Hi all,

This is my second (from scratch) installation and I still get this error
message on the command line - I know that it try to add a record with a
duplicate key but I not sure it should do that.

I use SNORT/ACID/MSSQL200 using Windows 2003 and IIS6 and have followed
exactly as specified in the WinSNORT installation Guide.

Can somebody help, I am really lost.

Thanks a million

John Kromodimedjo

UNAIDS-Geneva

-------Error message-----

D:\applications\snort\bin>snort -c d:\applications\snort\etc\snort.conf
-l d:\ap

plications\snort\log -i1

-*> Snort! <*-

Version 2.1.1-ODBC-MySQL-MSSQL-FlexRESP-WIN32 (Build 24)

By Martin Roesch (roesch () sourcefire com, www.snort.org)

1.7-WIN32 Port By Michael Davis (mike () datanerds net,
www.datanerds.net/~mike)

1.8 - 2.1 WIN32 Port By Chris Reid (chris.reid () codecraftconsultants com)

database: SQL Server message 2627, state 1, severity 14:

        Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'PK__event__78B3EFCA'.
Cannot insert

 duplicate key in object 'event'.

Server 'GE-3E-06', Line 1

database:  The above error was caused by the following statement:

INSERT INTO event (sid,cid,signature,timestamp) VALUES ('1', '1', '1',
'2004-04-

02 14:11:32.191')

database: SQL Server message 3621, state 0, severity 0:

        The statement has been terminated.

Server 'GE-3E-06', Line 1

database:  The above error was caused by the following statement:

INSERT INTO event (sid,cid,signature,timestamp) VALUES ('1', '1', '1',
'2004-04-

02 14:11:32.191')

database: DB-Library error:

        General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server.

database:  The above error was caused by the following statement:

INSERT INTO event (sid,cid,signature,timestamp) VALUES ('1', '1', '1',
'2004-04-

02 14:11:32.191')

John Kromodimedjo

Network Administrator

UNAIDS / ONUSIDA

Phone: +41.22.791.4707

FAX: +41.22.791.4187

Email: KromodimedjoJ () unaids org
<BLOCKED::mailto:KromodimedjoJ () unaids org>