Snort mailing list archives

No logs are being generated

From: Tinni <t_inni () yahoo co in>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 22:40:08 +0100 (BST)

Hi

   I am new bee to the  'snort'..
Our problem is , we have 13 servers in our cabinet..
And recently all the server are   getting connection for few mints,
and after 5/10 mints connections are coming back again ...
Like this way last few days we are having problem...
Our ISP is telling there are too many packets are coming to
our cabinet and it is crossing our limit.. They can't help in
that..
I installed 'snort' in one of our sever... I kept the configuration
as
var HOME_NET any
var EXTERNAL_NET any

I have started the 'snort' - it is running - but NO LOGS ARE BEING
generated...

Can anyone give me some pointer why the logs are not being generated?

Thanks in advance
-Tinni