Snort mailing list archives

problem with acivate/dynamic rule: WARNING: an activation rule with no dynamic rules matched!

From: Nicolas Dresse <nibicus () perso be>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:50:29 +0200

hi,

I have a problem with activate/dynamic rules. I whish to detect a
special sequence of packets : ICMP echo packet followed by a
mal-formated UDP packet.

My config file :
activate icmp any any -> any any (msg:"Groupe 1> icmp echo taille
56"; dsize:>56; activates: 1;)

dynamic udp any any -> any 53 (activated_by: 1; classtype:bad-unknown;
count: 3;)

I try it with:

Snort Version 2.1.0 (Build 9)
Snort Version 1.9.0 (Build 209)

And each time I receive :
WARNING: an activation rule with no dynamic rules matched!

Could someone help me ? I'll be greatfull.