Snort mailing list archives

Re: Logging Options w/o MySQL

From: Todd_Pratt () hartehanks com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 07:38:20 -0400

Two steps:

        1. In the snort.conf file, comment out the 'output database: ...
mysql...' line
        2. Make sure that snort starts with the '-N' option

Todd Pratt
Systems Security Certified Practitioner
IT Security Administrator
Harte Hanks, Inc.
ph 978-436-3368
tpratt () hartehanks com

"Kim Wall" <kwall () the4walls net>
Sent by: snort-users-admin () lists sourceforge net
04/18/2004 07:48 PM
Please respond to
<kwall () the4walls net>

<snort-users () lists sourceforge net>
cc

Subject
[Snort-users] Logging Options w/o MySQL

Perhaps I have simply overlooked it, but is there a way to get Snort to
simply log to the alert file without logging to an SQL database and
without creating directories for each subnet? I would like the text-based
log file rather than the tcpdump format.

Thanks,

Kim

---