Snort mailing list archives

Monitoring multiple devices with SNORT

From: "David Nardoni" <dnardoni () firstresponseconsulting com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:06:08 -0700

I want to monitor some traffic outside my firewall.

Here is how I have things set up

Internet ------  hub ---- firewall ------ LAN

                    SNORT

I am getting hits directly on the snort box and I am showing traffic coming
out of the LAN but I do not appear to be showing the traffic coming from the
internet to the firewall.

Any suggestions on where to look for the problems.

David Nardoni CISSP
First Response Consulting Services, Inc.
dnardoni () firstresponseconsulting com