Snort mailing list archives

RE: Using Snort & DB to remove false alarms

From: "Kreimendahl, Chad J" <Chad.Kreimendahl () umb com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:40:30 -0500

So you're saying create a second rule to return the first packet
response on every HTTP request so you can verify what the return value
was in order to eliminate harmless attacks.

I understand the desire to see if someone is attacking, regardless of
success... But for some of us that makes entirely too much noise to be
useful.  I'd be fine if all of that I recommended could be done with
tagging, but it can't.