Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort is a "niche player"

From: "Darren Webb" <spyder007 () charter net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 00:21:55 -0500

Here is a link to the article.
http://mediaproducts.gartner.com/reprints/networkassociates/120510.html

I would like to pose this question to the list (just a bit off topic).   In
your company do you, as the IDS admin/user, have complete control over what
IDS systems you test and ultimately choose to bring in house?  I bring this
up because my group (we are responsible for IDS) may lose the product
ownership of the IDS systems and be forced to deal with an in-house
engineering group for upgrades and new equipment/products.  This group could
potentially leverage reports such as this to bring in IDS vendors (see the
Leader section in the "Magic Quadrant")that fit the Gartner definition of a
good IDS (regardless of how they perform in the real world).

Thanks.

Darren