Snort mailing list archives

snort-nessus-correlation: honeysuckle vs. ids alert verification

From: "Maetzky, Steffen (Extern)" <Steffen.Maetzky () gedas de>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:49:12 +0200

Hi,

Does anyone know how they work exactly? (I have found nothing about their
output format and how the are filtering out data)

--How works the process of filtering? Any changes made to sid-msg.map after
correlation?  (in example: removing sids for which the network isn't
vulnerable for)
--All outputs supported? (I'd like to use the unified format)
--How does honeysuckle handle vulnerabilities? (ids alert verification has
the possibility to give alerts back to the snort-engine which it couldn't
verify as "vulnerability" or "non vulnerability", honeysuckle too?)

Thanks in advance,

Steffen