Snort mailing list archives

RE: [Snort-sigs] SID 2404, NETBIOS SMB-DS Session Setup AndX request unicode username overflow attempt

From: "Lance Boon" <lboon () firststatebanksw com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:59:56 -0500

What would be the best way to get you that information? I'm using ACID
so I could copy and paste the information of the payload area, but I'm
thinking you'll probably want the whole packet information. Would snort
-v -l /var/log/snort/dump get the information that you need? Or would
the better way to do it be snort -c /etc/snort/snortlog.conf Then tell
my output plugin to be "output log_tcpdump:
/var/log/snort/dump/tcpdump.log"  and comment out the rules except for 1
rule with SID 2404 in it?  Sorry for being such a newbie at this so any
help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks