Snort mailing list archives

Re: Alert file question

From: "Jason Fischer" <JFischer () kaytee com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:48:52 -0500

Thanks, that did the trick!

Jason

sekure <sekure () gmail com> 06/23/04 09:20AM >>>
I bet you have a script that rotates logs and snort just happens to be
logging to that directory.  Once the orignal file is zipped and a new
one created, the inode or file handle, or however snort identifies the
log file is changed.  In short, you need to HUP snort to get it to
look for the new file again.  Or better yet, take that snort log file
out of your log management script.