Snort mailing list archives

What Might I have Missed? RH72, Snort, MySql,PHP, Adodb, Acid

From: "Bruce D. meyer" <bdmeyer () kg4tac net>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 21:12:08 -0400

      Hi Bruce,

      Send the command line used to start snort.

Regards,
Alejandro

Alejandro,
  Thank you.

I start snort via a large /etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd startup script ala
RedHat's normal method of starting a service.
(service snortd start)
I notice that doing a:
service snortd status
always returns a:
snort dead but subsys locked, (even though it really isn't dead):
ps -ax | grep snort

returns:

snort 754 0.0 19.4 41548 24508 ? S 18:27 0:00 /usr/sbin/snort-mysql -A
fast -b -d -D -i -u sno

I assume this is the full parameters from init script.

here is the relevant line from the init script:

daemon /usr/sbin/snort-mysql $ALERTMODE $BINDARY_LOG $NO_PACKET_LOG
$DUMP_APP -D $PRINT_INTERFACE $INTERFACE -u $USER -g $GROUP $CONF -l $LOGDIR
$PASS_FIRST

let me know what else you might need.

This is a Redhat 7.2 with Allhe latest updates that I could find from
'update'

Thanks for any advice.

Bruce Meyer
www.kg4tac.net