Snort mailing list archives

Re: snortreport and jpgraph

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:06:27 -0500

--On Sunday, June 20, 2004 5:34 PM +0200 Patrick Marquetecken <patrick.marquetecken () pandora be> wrote:

Hi,

I have two questions, the machine where snort is active also have
spamassassin, snort thinks fo everymail that it is BAD-TRAFFIC loopback
traffic. Is there a way to tell snort to ignore this ?

Is here anyone on this list who got the graphs working with snortreport.
I have installed gd and jpgraph.
Edit the snorts srconf.php to: define("JPGRAPH_PATH", "jpgraph/");

run the url code for the image:
http://interpid/snortreport/alertchart.php?tcp=5&udp=2&icmp=4&portscan=0

and got no error, but no image also, fiddeling with the JPGRAPH_PATH
gives me errors, so it must be good.

I've got it working on FreeBSD.  Here's my define:
define("JPGRAPH_PATH", "../../share/jpgraph/");

Your problem might be dependencies. Make sure you have gd installed as well as jpgraph.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
The University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member